Publications and Presentations
Published, peer reviewed papers, articles in books, keynote presentations, colloquia, etc., in alphabetic order by title.
indicates most recently added items - Last updated: 21-July-2018
- Additive Manufacturing of Near net Shaped Permanent Magnets; M. Paranthaman, N. Sridharan, F.A. List, S.S. Babu, R.R. Dehoff, S. Constantinides; Oak Ridge National Laboratory, July 2016
- Advances in Characterization of Non-Rare-Earth Permanent Magnets: Exploring Commercial Alnico Grades 5-7 and 9; A. Palasyuk, E. Blomberg, R. Prozorov, L. Yue, M.J. Kramer, R.W. McCallum, I.e. Anderson, S. Constantinides; JOM (2013) DOI: 10.1007/s11837-013-0618-z
- Alfred University Undergraduate Seminar: Transitions from College to Career; March 22, 2018
Low Res High Resolution
- Architecture and Magnetism of Alnico; L. Zhou, M.K. Miller, P. Lu, L. Ke, R. Skomski, M. McCartney, D. Smith, H. Dillon, Q. Xing, A. Palasyuk, S. Constantinides, R.W. McCallum, I.E. Anderson, V. Antropov, M.J. Kramer; Acta Materialia
- Big Picture: Putting the Magnet Market Trends Together; Presented at Magnetics 2018; S. Constantinides, Magnetics Business & Technology, February 8, 2018
Presentation Slides Text to accompany slides
- Bonded permanent magnets: Current status and future opportunities; J. Ormerod, S. Constantinides; J.Appl.Phys. 81 (8), 15 April 1997
- The Changing Landscape of Electric Motor Efficiency Standards; Magnetics Business & Technology, Summer 2018
- Corrosion Mechanism of NdFeB Magnets in Humid Environments; A. Kim, F.E. Camp, S. Constantinides; Corrosion of Electronic Materials, Phillip J. Peterson, Ed., ASTM, 1992, p.68-79
- Demand for Rare Earth Materials in Permanent Magnets; S. Constantinides; Presented at the 51st Annual Conference of Metallurgists, Niagara Falls, Ontario, October 2012 (COM 2012)
- Elements of Magnetics; S. Constantinides; MRS Proceedings, 1492, pp 35-46, 2013. doi:10.1557/opl.2013.174.
- Energy Critical Magnetic Material Manufacturing Processes; W. Yin, S. Constantinides; Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Powder Metallurgy & Particulate 2 Materials, June 24-27, Chicago, Illinois
- Fracture Toughness of Samarium Cobalt Magnets; P. Curtin, S. Constantinides, P.I. Victoria; IMECE 2015
- High Voltage Screening of Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors; S. Constantinides, N. Kenny; Presentation at the American Ceramic Society Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 1983
Presentation only, a written paper was not prepared
- Intrinsic magnetic properties of L10-based Mn-Al and Fe-Co-Pt alloys; P. Manchanda, R. Skomski, J. Shield, S. Constantinides, A. Kashyap; Ralph Skomski Publications, Digital Commons, University of Nebraska
- Intrinsic Properties of Fe-Substituted L10 Magnets; P. Manchanda, P.K. Sahota, A. Kashyap, M.J. Lucis, J.E. Shield, A. Mubarok, J.I. Goldstein, S. Constantinides, K. Barmak, L.H. Lewis, D.J. Sellmyer, R. Skomski; IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.49, Issue 10, 2013, Article number 6514100, pages 5194-5198
- Magnetization processes in hybrid magnets; E. Emura, A.C. Neiva, F.P. Missell, K.L. Babcock, J. Ormerod, S. Constantinides; J.Appl.Phys. Volume 83, Number 11, 1 June 1998
- Magnetic properties of isotropic polymer bonded magnets made with crushed melt spun mixed rare earth iron boron; N.L. Buelow, I.E. Anderson, R.W. McCallum, M. Kramer, W. Tang, K. Dennis, S. Constantinides
- Material Matters; S. Constantinides; Keynote Presentation to the Electric Drives and Machines Institute, Technical University of Graz, Austria, 2012
- Microstructural Characterization of SmCo Magnets; P.I. Victoria, W.K. Gupta, W. Yin, S. Constantinides; IMECE2014-37106 November, 2014
- Novel Permanent Magnets and Their Uses; S. Constantinides; Advanced Hard and Soft Magnetic Materials; Materials Research Society, 1999, p.255-263
- Permanent Magnets: the Demand for Rare Earths; S. Shaw, S. Constantinides; 8th International Rare Earth Confenernce; Shanghai, China; November 2012
- Permanent Magnets in a Changing World Market; S. Constantinides; Magnetics Business & Technology, Feb 14, 2016
- Phase and Elemental Distributions in Alnico Magnetic Materials; Q. Xing, M.K. Miller, L. Zhou, H.M. Dillon, R.W. McCallum, I.E. Anderson, S. Constantinides, M.J. Kramer; IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.49, No.7, July 2013
- Production Status and Forecast for the Availability of Rare Earth Materials (and Cobalt); Presented at MS&T 2017; S. Constantinides, Magnetics Business & Technology LLC, October 9, 2017
Presentation Slides Text to accompany slides
- Prospects for Improving Alnico Alloys; Iver Anderson, Haley Dillon, R. McCallum, Kevin Dennis, Lin Zhou, Andrij Palazyk, Matthew Kramer, Steve Constantinides; Proceedings of the 58th Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 4-8 November 2013, Denver, Colorado (PDF of PowerPoint presentation is linked here)
- Prospects for Non-Rare Earth Permanent Magnets for Traction Motors and Generators; M.J. Kramer, R.W. McCallum, I.A. Anderson, S. Constantinides; JOM, July 2012; DOI: 10.1007/s11837-012-0351-z
- Rationalization of solidification mechanism of Nd-Fe-B magnets during laser directed-energy deposition; Sridharan, Cakmak, List, Ucar, Constantinides, Babu, McCall, Paranthaman; J Mater Sci (2018) 53:8619-8626
- Role of the Applied Magnetic Field on the Microstructural Evolution in Alnico 8 Alloys; L. Zhou, M.K. Miller, H. Dillon, A. Palasyuk, S. Constantinides, R.W. McCallum, I.E. Anderson, M.J. Kramer; Met. & Mat. Trans. E, Vol 1e, March 2014, pp.27-35
While working for Arnold, numerous papers and presentations were written. The following items written, co-written, or updated by Steve are available on the Arnold Magnetic Technologies website and are linked-to below. Items with open bullets were written by other Arnold employees and updated/edited by Steve. Items with a solid black bullet were original or written by Steve with one or more co-authors as listed.
Additional material will be added from time-to-time. We hope you will stop back to check. If you have a subject you would like addressed, please contact us via e-mail (preferred), snail mail, or phone.
Papers & Presentations
Precision Thin Metals Specific
About Us |
Copyright © 2018 Magnetics & Materials. All Rights Reserved.
Please send all web related questions/comments to the Webmaster.