Numerous websites have information about magnetism, materials, energy production and use, electric cars and more. These are some of the resources and interesting sites we've found.
We'll be adding to it - stop back and check out updates! Last updated: 26-August-2022
- Books and Videos - An extensive listing of reference material with commentary
- Critical Materials Institute (CMI) at Ames Laboratory - The Critical Materials Institute focuses on technologies that make better use of materials and eliminate the need for materials that are subject to supply disruptions.
- Earth's Magnetosphere - An educational web site by David P. Stern and Mauricio Peredo. This site contains information on: Magnetism, Electrons, Ions and Plasmas, Radiation Belts, The Sun and the Solar Wind, Exploring Earthspace, The Dynamic Magnetosphere, Close-Up of the Aurora, Magnetospheres and the Universe.
- EMF safety, news, and knowledge base - EMF (ElectroMagnetic Field) is a broad term which includes electric fields generated by charged particles, magnetic fields generated by charged particles in motion, and radiated fields such as TV, radio, and microwaves.
- Glossary, Magnetics Industry - Glossary of terms, symbols and more common to the study and use of magnetics - major update July 2021.
- Glossary, Motor-Specific - Glossary of terms relating to motors. Originally written by members of SMMA and collated by this author in 2003 and updated in 2009 and 2015.
- Hall Effect Measurements - A tutorial presented on the NIST (National Institute of Science and Technology, U.S.A.) web site explaining the history and functioning of Hall devices. Includes a worksheet and example
- HyperPhysics at Georgia State University - Extensive physics and math lessons for college-level students including electricity and magnetism. A CD of the content may be purchased from them.
- Lamination Steels, Third Edition
- Every 20-30 years an attempt is made to collate and communicate information on commercially available soft magnetic materials. Steve Sprague and the Electric Motor Education and Research Foundation (EMERF) have done an exemplary job at updating and presenting the total spectrum of soft magnetic steels including numerous essential charts and tables. A more thorough and current reference work is not to be found. For more information or to purchase a copy log into A3, the Association for Advancing Automation, at the provided link.
Citation: Sprague, Steve, editor. 2007. Lamination steels third edition. South Dartmouth, Massachusetts: The Electric Motor Education and Research Foundation. CD-ROM. Second printing 2009. ISBN 0-9714391-3-3.
- Magnet Man - "Cool Experiments with Magnets." This Web site is devoted to magnetism and experiments you can perform with permanent magnets and electro-magnets. Site also includes links to many other sites, reference book list, sources for the materials used in the experiments, and more.
- Molecular Expressions Web Site - This link is to the Electricity and Magnetism Section of the site nominated for the 2001 Webby Award in the Sciences category. The educational tutorials about magnetism can be found at Magnet Academy Tutorials
- NIST reference on constants, units, and uncertainty - Essentials of the SI, Background and Bibliography.
- SQUID - Superconducting Quantum Interference Device - defined at Wikipedia
About Us |
Copyright © 2023 Magnetics & Materials LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please send all web related questions/comments to the Webmaster.